Pages

Thursday 26 November 2015

The Write Advice 075: VAL McDERMID


I go to my office at nine and start by revising the previous day's work, which propels me into the next bit.  I tend to go to sleep planning the next chapter, so I usually know where I'm going.  I write in twenty minute bursts, interspersed with emails, phonecalls, cups of coffee, plus three longer breaks for meals and watching single episodes of whatever boxed set I've got on the go at the time, currently Homicide: Life on the Street.  In between I keep writing; even in the shower I'm still thinking about it.

Mslexia: For Women Who Write


 

Use the link below to visit the website of Scottish journalist, playwright and bestselling crime novelist VAL McDERMID:

 

http://www.valmcdermid.com/

 

 

You might also enjoy:

 
The Write Advice 069: NICCI GERRARD

 
The Write Advice 052: SARAH WATERS

 
The Write Advice 056: JOYCE CAROL OATES

No comments:

Post a Comment