Pages

Thursday, 30 October 2014

BENTLEY RUMBLE Early Writing (2014)







My first attempt to write what I daringly called ‘a book’ was a kind of story-with-pictures titled Spies that I produced at the age of ten at the urging of my fourth grade primary school teacher.  I took its composition seriously and worked extremely hard to get each of its many incidental details right, determined to make the finished product look and read as much like a ‘real book’ as possible before I did what all writers secretly dread to do and handed it in to be assessed (a polite euphemism for ‘criticized and/or edited’).  Even then I was a perfectionist and I’m ashamed to say that the self-defeating habit of striving for perfection is one I’ve never lost –– an admission which possibly explains my snail-like rate of production and the embarrassing meagreness of my literary output.



Information: 
20 pages / 7408 words / 5 MB
Checked and updated January 2017

Early Writing (2014) Bentley Rumble
 
 

You might also enjoy:
BENTLEY RUMBLE Early Reading (2013)
BENTLEY RUMBLE Blues for Eddie Clay (2014) 
BENTLEY RUMBLE Recognition: A Novel (2009, revised 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment