Pages

Thursday 14 February 2019

The Write Advice 117: JENNIFER EGAN


When I’m writing fiction I forget who I am and what I come from.  I slip into utter absorption mode.  I love the sense that I’ve become so engaged with the other side, I’ve slightly lost my bearings here.  If I’m going from the writing mind-set to picking my kids up from school, I often feel a very short but acute kind of depression, as if I have the bends.  Once I’m with them it totally disappears, and I feel happy again.  Sometimes I forget I have children, which is very strange.  I feel guilty about it, as if my inattention will cause something to happen to them, even when I’m not responsible for them…


Why We Write: 20 Acclaimed Authors on How and Why They Do What They Do (2013)


 

Use the link below to visit the website of North American novelist and journalist JENNIFER EGAN:

 

http://jenniferegan.com/

 

 

You might also enjoy:

 
The Write Advice 107: FELICIA MIHALI

 
The Write Advice 067: BARBARA PYM

 
The Write Advice 109: CLAIRE MESSUD

No comments:

Post a Comment