Pages

Thursday 30 May 2019

Think About It 045: MAHATMA GANDHI


I have naturally formed the habit of restraining my thoughts.  A thoughtless word hardly ever escaped my tongue or pen.  Experience has taught me that silence is part of the spiritual discipline of a votary of truth.  We find so many people impatient to talk.  All this talking can hardly be said to be of any benefit to the world.  It is so much waste of time.  My shyness has been in reality my shield and buckler.  It has allowed me to grow.  It has helped me in my discernment of truth.

Gandhi: An Autobiography – The Story of My Experiments with Truth (1957)


 

Use the link below to read more about the life and work of Indian activist and politician MAHATMA GANDHI (1869–1948):

 

https://www.history.com/topics/mahatma-gandhi

 

 

You might also enjoy:

 
Think About It 037: THICH NHAT HANH

 
Think About It 012: RUMER GODDEN

 
Think About It 008: YASUNARI KAWABATA

No comments:

Post a Comment