Pages

Thursday 14 May 2020

The Write Advice 131: CHARLES WEBB


…that's how I view writing and the creative process altogether –– as a personal thing where you need to do something for a reason of your own.  You do it and it's done and what happens afterwards is interesting but not really the important part.
      I've always wanted to be a writer ever since I can remember.  I think I might have wanted to be President before that for a short time, but other than that it's been writing I've always thought about.  I haven't always known what form it would take and I still don't think I've quite reached the form I probably should have reached…

Meeting With An Author [2007 Canal+ documentary]


 

Use the link below to read an article about the life and career of North American novelist CHARLES WEBB, author of The Graduate (1963) and many other fine but now out-of-print novels:

 

 

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/true-stories/the-strange-destitute-life-of-the-graduate-author-charles-webb/news-story/db361072ea07f7ad7fba9079316f1b27

 

 

 

You might also enjoy:

 
The Write Advice 111: ALEC WAUGH

 
The Write Advice 091: BRUCE JAY FRIEDMAN

 
The Write Advice 008: BRIAN MOORE

  

No comments:

Post a Comment