Pages

Thursday 21 July 2022

The Write Advice 171: DOLLY ALDERTON

 

I had such a baptism of fire with that first book [her 2019 bestselling memoir collection Everything I Know About Love] because it was so deeply personal, and the analysis of it obviously strayed into very personal territory.  But having gone through that, processed it, come out the other side and been completely fine, the idea of my writing being criticised now feels like a relief, because [now] I want to be known for what I do rather than who I am.  I would take having a conversation around the quality of the work a million times over one about the specifics of who I am.

 

Dolly Alderton on fiction, friendships and life in your 30s 
[Penguin Books UK, 15 October 2020]

 

Use the link below to read the full 2020 interview with British writer DOLLY ALDERTON:

 

https://www.penguin.co.uk/articles/2020/october/dolly-alderton-interview-ghosts.html
 

 
 
You might also enjoy:
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment