Pages

Thursday 5 September 2024

The Write Advice 203: HAFSA ZAYYAN

 

I was quite disciplined about researching; I felt the responsibility to get it as right as possible, because even though it’s fiction, I wanted the historical elements of it to be as accurate as possible. It’s also an educational tool, that’s another purpose of the novel, to teach people about this part of our history. So if I had a creative block I could still do stuff to progress the novel that wasn’t writing.

 

Interview [Penguin Books UK, 22 January 2021]

 

 

 

 

Use the link below to read the full online interview with British novelist HAFSA ZAYYAN:

 

 

https://www.penguin.co.uk/articles/2021/01/hafsa-zayyan-all-birds-uganda-novel-writing-debut-advice

 

 

 

 

You might also enjoy:

 

 

The Write Advice 173: NADIA WHEATLEY

 

 

The Write Advice 153: AVNI DOSHI

 

 

The Write Advice 025: SALWA BAKR

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment